Dr. Mala Dharmalingam – Bangalore Endocrinology & Diabetes Research Centre
Dr. Mala Dharmalingam is an expert Endocrinologist and Diabetologist with an MBBS from Madras Medical College. She has also completed her MD in General Medicine from SCB Medical College, Cuttack. To further expand her level of expertise and knowledge, she specialized in Endocrinology at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, and obtained a DM (Endocrinology) superspeciality degree.
Dr. Mala Dharmalingam is now the Director of Bangalore Endocrinology and Diabetes Research Centre. She is also the professor & HOD of the department of Endocrinology, MSR Medical College & Hospital Bangalore. Dr.Mala is also an active member of the Diabetes Task Force, Govt of Karnataka. She has also served as the Ex Vice President of the Endocrine Society of India and the Past Chairman Karnataka RSSDI.
Dr. Mala Dharmalingam’s main area of work includes Endocrine disorders in women and children. She has been involved in a vast number of global clinical trials and research studies, in various capacities. She is the author and the co-author of over 90 research papers that have been published in national and international peer-reviewed, indexed journals of repute. Dr. Dharmalingam has also contributed chapters to several textbooks and written/collaborated a few books herself. She has received many prestigious awards and delivered multiple orations at Endocrinology events and conferences.
Dr. Mala Dharmalingam regularly conducts workshops in Diabetes and Endocrinology for General Practitioners and Physicians, and delivers guest lectures for junior doctors and the lay public. She is involved in diabetic and medical camps all over Karnataka and has created patient education and awareness literature on various endocrine diseases and disorders.
- DM Teacher and Examiner of the Practical / Viva Voce Examination, Diplomate of National Board.
- Life Member, Endocrine Society of India.
- Life Member, Karnataka Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India.
- Life Member, Association of Physicians of India (API).
- Life Member, RSSDI.
- Life Member, Indian Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ISBMR).
- Member, American Endocrine Society.
- Life Member, Pediatric Endocrine Society.
- Sunil Kumar Basu Oration. Diabetes Association of India, Kolkata. 2013
- Prof. Sam GP Moses Oration, Chennai, 2013
- Vocational Excellence Award, MGR University, Chennai, 2012
- Distinguished Service Award, Geriatric Society, 2010
- International Congress of Endocrinology ICE Award for Paper Presentation, 2004
- First Prize in Free Paper Presentation for RSSDI, Mysore – 1996, Jaipur – 2003
- Academic Excellence Award, M S Ramaiah Medical College, 2003
- IDF Award for paper presentation, 1996/2003
- PN Shah Memorial Oration. ESI, Calcutta, 2012
- Diabetes Association of India-Banting and Best Oration. Nagpur, 2012
- Presidential Oration, KRSSDI, 2007
- Dr. BN Jirge Memorial Oration, JNMC Scientific Society.